1. To provide an educational environment in which each student can grow intellectually according to his or her experiences and abilities, and in which all students are encouraged to do their best.
2. To provide a friendly, safe and consistently disciplined environment in which each student is held accountable for his or her own behavior.
3. To provide an environment in which students are encouraged to develop a value system consistent with the philosophy of our democratic society.
4. To provide a wide range of student activities which promote social, emotional and physical growth.
5. To prepare Springer students academically so that they will have the skills necessary to make a successful transition from the middle level to high school.