Concord High School Morning Announcements
February 27, 2017
- Minnie Jocelyn Lee Elders was the First African-American and the Second Woman to serve as the United States Surgeon General. Her term Lasted for 15 months (1993-1994)
- Students and Staff: If you know a great teacher, it's time to nominate him or her for Teacher of the Year (TOY). We will be taking submissions from now through Monday, March 6th. All you need to do is write why your teacher is special and deserves to be Concord's Teacher of the Year and submit it to Mrs. McKinney.
- Seniors, our board meeting will be on Tuesday, February 28 at 2:30pm in DD232 to accommodate for Spring Sports.
- Band members performing at the 76e's game, make sure that all your money and ticket orders are returned as soon as possible. Tickets are first come, first serve. Once they are gone they are gone!
- The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. ASCEND program will meet tomorrow in A102 at 2:45, and then later moving to the library from 3:00-4:00. Please be able to confirm your attendance at the "Black Women in History" program scheduled for Saturday, March 4th. Also, if you are interested in a job this summer, this is one meeting you will not want to miss.
- All players who intend on trying out for baseball should read the corkboard across from BB217 regarding tryout information. Please check the corkboard each day to see if there are any update due to weather.
- All fall and winter sport athletes who are using the sports area or team rooms need to have their locks removed and lockers cleaned out by Friday, March 3rd, 2017. All locks will be cut and lockers cleared out following Friday's school day. The school will not be responsible for replacing cut locks or any items that are missing.
- To all students who are graduating this year. Please check your name in eschool. All changes were made and what you see on eschool will reflect on your diploma. Please see Mrs. Guarni before March 1st if you need to make a correction. Thank you
- Reminder: Hats, Hoods, Jackets, Scarves, and blankets cannot be worn in the building. these items should be kept in your locker. Remember NO Cell phones, headphones or ear buds may be used in the hallways. These items should be put away. If they are visible, they will be taken until the end of the day.
- There should be no activities scheduled Monday or Friday other than sports teams. Students MUST leave the building at the end of the school day on Mondays and Fridays.
- Attention AP students: registration continues! You will be able to register for your AP Exams from now until the end of the month, in the Counseling Center. Registration closes 3:00 pm on February 28. There will be NO Exceptions to the Deadline. Please see Mrs. Alivernini with any questions.
- NHS Tutoring Every Tues. and Wed. in the D127 from 2:30-4:00 afterschool. Bus passes will be available.
Upcoming College Visits:
are interested in attending one of these informational sessions, you need to
see Ms. Blasucci for a pass. After
receiving a pass, you must obtain your teacher’s permission and signature.
passes will be given to students the day of the college visit.
Thursday, February 23 @ 9:15 DCAD
Please do not open the doors for anyone whether you know the person or
not. All visitors must report to the
new entrance for the main office to sign in. Please direct the
person to the front doors where they will be opened. All students who arrive to school after 8am must also use the Main Entrance and sign in at the office.
CONCORD CARES is supporting Prevent Child Abuse Delaware for the 16-17 school year
Tie-dye t-shirts are on sale for $15. See Ms. Gray or Jill Lindenhofen to purchase a shirt . Concord Cares is a school-wide
Attention juniors and seniors: Don’t forget the check out the variety of
scholarship opportunities available in guidance.
disruptions cause lost learning time.
In order to minimize classroom disruptions, we ask you to follow
- Are you
having something dropped off for you?
Items will be left in the main office for you. Please stop by in between classes to get
the item. We will not disrupt
- Are you
feeling sick??? Do you need to go home?
Please do not call home for a ride.
Please go to the nurse. She
will call your parent/guardian and make arrangements for you to be picked
up. This prevents us from
disrupting your class.
Dismissal – Please bring a note from your parent or guardian to the main
office and we will write up a pass for you. Your parent/guardian does not need to
sign you out. You will do this in
the morning. Please ask someone in
the main office if you need help with this. We will not disrupt your class when
it is time for you to leave.
- Students are not allowed to order lunch for
delivery at school. Additionally,
if you forget your lunch please do not ask your parent/guardian to bring
you McDonald’s, Wendy’s, pizza, etc.
If you do have fast food delivered by a restaurant or your
parent/guardian, it will be held for you in the main office until the end
of the day.