Concord High School Morning Announcements
February 23, 2017
- Dorothy Height was an American administrator and educator, was a civil rights and women's right activist specifically focused on the issues of African American women, including unemployment, illiteracy, and voter awareness. "Greatness is not measure by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition h or she has overcome to reach his goals. " Dorothy Height
- Students and Staff: If you know a great teacher, it's time to nominate him or her for Teacher of the Year (TOY). We will be taking submissions from now through Monday, March 6th. All you need to do is write why your teacher is special and deserves to be Concord's Teacher of the Year and submit it to Mrs. McKinney.
- To all students who are graduating this year. Please check your name in eschool. All changes were made and what you see on eschool will reflect on your diploma. Please see Mrs. Guarni before March 1st if you need to make a correction. Thank you
- Art Club has a meeting on Thursday, February 23rd after school in room BB213.
- Any girl interested in playing tennis should meet in Ms. Vennie's room (D119) Thursday, February 23rd right after school. Meeting will be brief. If you cannot make it, just stop by before the end of the week.
- Golf Meeting today after school in AA200
- Any boys who are interested in playing lacrosse this spring and have not signed up yet must see Coach Estock in T103 today. All boys lacrosse players are reminded to attend the equipment meeting on Monday, February 27th at 2:30 in cafeteria
- Senior Superlative voting is online see Concord guidance's group on Schoology.
- Senior Goodbye is also online. See Class of 2017 Schoology group for info. Due Friday. Anyone not in Class of 2017 see Mrs. McRae
- Girls Outdoor track interest meeting. February 23 at 3:15 in the Raider Room
- Reminder: Hats, Hoods, Jackets, Scarves, and blankets cannot be worn in the building. these items should be kept in your locker. Remember NO Cell phones, headphones or ear buds may be used in the hallways. These items should be put away. If they are visible, they will be taken until the end of the day.
- There should be no activities scheduled Monday or Friday other than sports teams. Students MUST leave the building at the end of the school day on Mondays and Fridays.
- Attention AP students: registration continues! You will be able to register for your AP Exams from now until the end of the month, in the Counseling Center. Registration closes 3:00 pm on February 28. There will be NO Exceptions to the Deadline. Please see Mrs. Alivernini with any questions.
- NHS Tutoring Every Tues. and Wed. in the D127 from 2:30-4:00 afterschool. Bus passes will be available.
Upcoming College Visits:
are interested in attending one of these informational sessions, you need to
see Ms. Blasucci for a pass. After
receiving a pass, you must obtain your teacher’s permission and signature.
passes will be given to students the day of the college visit.
Thursday, February 23 @ 9:15 DCAD
Please do not open the doors for anyone whether you know the person or
not. All visitors must report to the
new entrance for the main office to sign in. Please direct the
person to the front doors where they will be opened. All students who arrive to school after 8am must also use the Main Entrance and sign in at the office.
CONCORD CARES is supporting Prevent Child Abuse Delaware for the 16-17 school year
Tie-dye t-shirts are on sale for $15. See Ms. Gray or Jill Lindenhofen to purchase a shirt . Concord Cares is a school-wide
Attention juniors and seniors: Don’t forget the check out the variety of
scholarship opportunities available in guidance.
disruptions cause lost learning time.
In order to minimize classroom disruptions, we ask you to follow
- Are you
having something dropped off for you?
Items will be left in the main office for you. Please stop by in between classes to get
the item. We will not disrupt
- Are you
feeling sick??? Do you need to go home?
Please do not call home for a ride.
Please go to the nurse. She
will call your parent/guardian and make arrangements for you to be picked
up. This prevents us from
disrupting your class.
Dismissal – Please bring a note from your parent or guardian to the main
office and we will write up a pass for you. Your parent/guardian does not need to
sign you out. You will do this in
the morning. Please ask someone in
the main office if you need help with this. We will not disrupt your class when
it is time for you to leave.
- Students are not allowed to order lunch for
delivery at school. Additionally,
if you forget your lunch please do not ask your parent/guardian to bring
you McDonald’s, Wendy’s, pizza, etc.
If you do have fast food delivered by a restaurant or your
parent/guardian, it will be held for you in the main office until the end
of the day.