MPHS School-Based Health Center
Welcome to your School Based Health Center/SBHC at Mount Pleasant High School. This center has been established specifically to make quality health care available to teens. The SBHC is operated by a partnership that includes Christiana Care, Brandywine School District, and the Delaware Division of Public Health.
Telephone number: 302-765-1100
Fax number: 302-765-1107
Hours of operation: 7:30-2:30
What is a School-Based Health Center?
The Wellness Center is a health center at Mount Pleasant High School, located in room 122B. We are administered by Christiana Care Health Systems under a grant from the Division of Public Health. The school-based health center services supplement the Primary Care Provider and include preventive and acute medical, nutritional, and mental health. To ensure comprehensive care, we work in a collaborative manner with each other and community professionals. We emphasize the special health and emotional needs of adolescents.
Who can use the School-Based Health Center?
The Wellness Center is available to all students, grades 9 through 12, who are attending Mount Pleasant High School and have been registered in the School-Based Health Center by their parent/legal guardian. Parents/legal guardians must fill out the School-Based Health Center registration forms in order for their student to receive services from the Center. This form is available on the school website, the Main, Guidance, and Nurse’s offices and in a rack outside of the Center. A menu of our services is included on the registration form and parents/guardians can choose or decline the services their child can receive.
Please be advised of the following changes to the SBHC services, effective 7/1/11:
· Re-enrollment to SBHC will be required (current members can re-enroll now)
· Up to date insurance information necessary at each visit
To enroll in the School-Based Health Center click below
SBHC services offered:
· Physicals (sports, routine, school, or pre-employment)
· Health screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment minor illnesses/injury
- Diagnostic testing (limited)
- Counseling (individual, family, and group)
- Reproductive Health (birth control pills/condoms)
SBHC does NOT offer:
· Complex laboratory tests
· On-site x-rays
· Treatment of complex medical or psychiatric problems
To take advantage of SBHC services:
· Return completed enrollment/registration forms to the SBHC
· Provide insurance information (copy of front/back of card) – fax to 765-1107 or hardcopy
· Inform SBHC of any insurance changes – fax to 765-1107 or hardcopy
Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns. Although we adhere to a confidentially policy, we encourage parental involvement in your child’s wellness plans.
School Based Health Center Staff