• It is important that families new to the Brandywine School District or with children entering school for the first time register as early as possible in order to allow time to adequately schedule classroom assignments and bus routes. We know new enrollment can be overwhelming and we are here to alleviate some of that stress. Below you will find information on registration as well as links to the registration packet. We thank you for choosing Hanby Elementary and look forward to seeing you!

    Delaware state law requires that a child who is, or will reach Age 5, by August 31 of the current year be enrolled in a kindergarten program.
    To register, you will need:
    • Birth certificate
    • Delaware Student Health Form
      • All students entering Delaware Public Schools must provide proof of a current physical (within the last two years), and up-to-date immunizations (including TB screening and Lead Test).
    • Two (2) Proofs of Residence
      • (1) Must be: 
        • Lease Agreement. Paperwork must be current, valid, signed and dated.


        • Mortgage Statement/Deed/Settlement Statement. Papers must be signed and dated.
      • (2) Must be ONE of the following:
        • Utility Bill - electric, water, garbage, propane/oil only. (The service location must match the mailing address, valid within 60 days, the bill must be current, and must be issued in the name of the parent/guardian.) 
        • Car registration
        • Automobile insurance policy
        • Current voter registration card
        • Rental insurance policy
        • Pay check or stub
        • Current year's tax documents
        • Official letter from a DE State Agency
          • DHSS, DFS, Dept, of Labor, YRS, TANF
        • Change of address label on envelope 
    In addition, when applicable:
    • Custody/Guardianship papers.
    • Individual Education Plan (IEP).
    • Copy of most recent standardized testing report.
    • Report cards and transcripts.
    Registration packet click here.

    Where to Register:

    Please bring this information to the school your student will be attending. Be sure to call the building in advance to schedule a time to finalize your paperwork.