REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTATION
The following documentation must be presented at the time of registration. Please note that a registration determined to be secured by false, misleading, or deliberate omission of information will be considered null and void. Making a false written statement is a Class A misdemeanor. See 11 Del. C. §1233.
1. Birth Certificate with raised seal
- If the original birth certificate is not available at the time of registration, a copy may be presented. The original must be presented within 30 days of the registration, subject to withdrawal from school.
- If the birth certificate does not contain the name of the parent who is registering the child, additional guardianship verification is required.
- A legal document may be provided if it states the parent's name, relationship to the child, and child's date of birth.
- A passport or visa may be accepted in lieu of a birth certificate if no birth certificate exists.
2. Child's Social Security number
- This helps ensure that documents are accurate in the event there are two or more public school students in Delaware with the same name. The child will not be excluded from school if SSN is not provided.
3. Two proofs of residence
- Please select one item from each group below. Both items must contain the same address as well as the name of the adult registering the child for school.
- For special circumstances such as living in the permanent or rental residence of another person, please click here.
- For special circumstances such as homelessness, please click here.