WHAT ARE THE FUNDS USED FOR?
Claymont PTA is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
Our current Long Term Goal is to build a better playground at Claymont Elementary. We have reached out to our students, parents and teachers in prior years to determine what our funds would best be used for that is not available through school/district funding. Playgrounds provide a place for children to work off energy, have fun, and interact with peers. It also gives them a safe learning environment to develop physical, social, emotional, and cognitive skills. Our vision of our playground is to be a place for ALL children, even with sensory disorders, to be able to express themselves creatively and safely.
We also use the funds that are raised throughout the school year to supplement the school's learning environment with programs and events, such as:
- Teacher Classroom Grants ($75 per eligible teacher)
- Family Fun Events (e.g., Fun Run, Family Skate Night, etc.)
- PTA Reflections (National PTA Arts Program)
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- School Gifts (e.g., library headphones, Inflatables/DJ expenses, etc.)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (including Coffee Cart)
And so much more! We have many plans for the PTA but we need your help to make it all happen!