Library Hours: 7:55 AM - 3:15 PM; Librarian: Lauren M. Bott (email@example.com) Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Scholastic Book Fair Dates Set!
The Scholastic Book Fair will be held December 10 - 14 in the library. We'll be open during school hours, but also will have two evening events -- Tuesday and Wednesday in conjunction with our holiday concerts from 6 - 9 PM. Please see our book fair page to the left. Online sales begin November 28, and continue through Dec. 18. You can access the online sale here.
Week 6 Winner of Word of the Week
The winner is: Albert C. Congratulations! Week 6’s word is up on the board in the library now. Stop by this week and submit an entry!
The Global Read Aloud is here!
The 8th Grade Library Elective is reading Refugee by Gratz, and discussing the stories of immigrants within with classrooms around the world. We've already connected with a class in Iowa and Canada, and will be sending postcards to a school in each of the 50 states. We can't wait!
The Beloved World of Sonia Sotomayor
The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge
Claiming My Place
The Night Diary
The Dollar Kids
Coming to the library
Students should come to the library with a purpose:
- Check in/check out -- browse the shelves, find a new book, or return one
- Research/work on an assignment
- Computer use: educational use only
- Quiet work/reading
Students may come to the library with permission during:
- Beginning of the day (must be able to get to class by 8:10 AM)
- Lunch time - see a lunch administrator for a pass
- Any class time - ask your teacher after you've finished your work
- Dismissal time (must be able to get to your dismissal place on time)
When you arrive, you must sign in on the laptop on the counter:
- Type your name in the boxes
- Enter your grade
- Choose the reason you came to the library
- Click submit.
- Students may check out 2 books for a 2 week period
- Students MAY NOT check out with overdue materials
- You may renew a book one time