Welcome to Concord High School !
Home of the Raiders.....At Concord High School, we are bonded by a common philosophy, mission, and set of principles and goals called the Concord Way.Our Philosophy
Concord High School is a diverse community of committed faculty and students dedicated to the intellectual, social, physical, and artistic growth of each student. At Concord students develop the ability to reason, compute and communicate, and apply these skills independently. Concord expects its students to develop and improve their self-esteem, self-discipline, respect for authority, consideration of others, and acceptance of responsibility to the community. Concord's students also acquire skills useful in recreation, in future employment, and in maintaining good health. Concord seeks to create an environment that encourages a positive attitude toward individual growth, the process of learning, and the acceptance of responsibility for one's decisions and actions.
The mission of Concord High School is to create a challenging academic environment with courses of study which recognize individual differences, accept students where they are, direct them toward attainable goals, and foster a positive attitude toward learning. Concord High School provides experiences that help students become more self-aware, more sensitive to the needs of others, and more conscious of human dignity.
The Six Points of the Concord Way
Our GoalsConcord High School will provide:
- Courses of study that recognize individual differences; accept students where they are and direct them toward obtainable goals
- Challenges to the student in problem-solving experiences, experiences that help student deal with current and projected issues
- Opportunities to acquire and improve communication skills
- Experiences that help students become more aware of themselves, sensitive to the needs of others; and conscious of human dignity
- Opportunities that increase personal responsibility
- Situations that encourage self-expression and lead to clearer understanding of self-worth
- Opportunities that foster a positive attitude about learning
- Equitable opportunities in curricular and extracurricular activities
- Skills and services that will aid the student in seeking employment and/or higher education.
Last Modified on July 25, 2016