Department Chair: Sheri Pinchin
Art Teacher: Gayl PeaseArt is vital to the educational enrichment of all students. Concord High School’s Art Department offers a range of challenging and stimulating courses that focus instruction on basic and advanced skills required for students to express themselves creatively. An interest in learning about art and a willingness to work hard are all that is required in these elective courses. Concord High School’s art program is divided into seven areas of study:Course Offerings1. ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF ART: All students must be successfully complete the Elements and Principles of Art course prior to taking any elective art course except for Photography and Art History.
4. FIGURE DRAWING
7. INTRO TO PHOTOGRAPHY
8. ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY
9. ADVANCED STUDIES-PORTOFOLIO DEVELOPMENT
10. ADVANCE PLACEMENT
11. ART HISTORY
1. All art courses are offered for 18 weeks (semester) for ½ credit.
2. All courses may be taken as many times as a student desires. New project requirements and advanced techniques are assigned each time a course is repeated.
3. Concord High School’s Art Department uses the A, B, C, D, F grading system to evaluate student progress.
4. Class attendance is very important in all art courses.
5. Daily class participation is very important in all art courses.
6. Art history will be included in the instructional programs when appropriate.
7. A fee for materials may be required for some courses.
Last Modified on August 19, 2015