Concord High School Morning Announcements
September 20, 2017
- Lifetouch has added one more day of portraits at Concord. Please check the schoology group page for details. For your picture to be in the yearbook and to get a student ID. Seniors Big Picture is 9/27 after homeroon.
- Attention DECA members! Our first meeting will be held this coming Wednesday, September 20 at 2:30 in C115. Come check it out!
- The KBG will meet this Wednesday, in CC226 after school from 2:30-4:00 to cover the 2017-2018 school events. All members should plan to attend. If you are interested in doing yearbook, you must join the yearbook Schoology group. There are two google forms we need you to fill out out. Interest and availability. Trainings will be announced on Schoology.
- Are you considering a career in the military? Would you like to take the ASVAB for free here at Concord? Please see Mr. Gaffney in the counseling office no later than: Friday, September 22.
- The New Castle County College Fair is being held at the Bob Carpenter Center, November 14. This event is from 6:30-7:00. If you plan to attend please sign up in counseling, Transportation is provided for those who need it and are signed up by Oct. 10th.
- Members of the Science National Honor Society still interested in being an office please stob by B109. Let Ms. Greene know what position you are interested in, voting for officers will be held Spet. 22nd
- Auditions for the school play "You Can't Beat the House" will be held next Monday, Sept. 25th and Wednesday Sept. 27th from 6-8pm in the auditorium. Sign up at the top of the music ramp begininng ater school today. Packets and info are also in this location. Any questions please see Ms. Conrad.
- Need to get some new Concord gear? The School store will be open before and after school for clothing only. Need to use a card? No problem! Stop by and see us!
- Dress code reminder, Shirts must cover the shouldersm back and stomach. Shorts and skirts must be of modest length. No headwear is to be worn in the building. that includes hats, bandanas, hoods, scarves and sunglasses. As per code of conduct students who are in violation of the dress code will be required to change into acceptable attire before returning to class.
- Reminder Cell phones, ear buds and headphones must be stowed away while you are in the hallways and stairwells.Begining, Monday, September 11th, the admin team and interventionist will start taking cellphones, earbuds, and headphones taht are being used in the hallways and enforcing the Code of Conduct. For the 1st offense, cellphones will be put in the main office and can be picked up at the end of the day in the main office. For the 2nd offense, cellphones will be put in the main office and can be picked up by a parent. All subsequent offenses will be considered defiance and consequences issued accordlingly. Cell phones, ear buds and headphones must be stowed prior to leaving the cafetereria (as well as those classrooms in which you are allowed to use them) and before you enter the hallways. Let's be raiders and demonstrate the Conocrd Way by not using cellphones and putting away your earbuds and ehadphones when in the stairwells and hallways.
- Are you making a difference in your community through volunteer work? If so, we hope that you will apply for the 2018 Prudential Spirit of Community Award.The deadline is November 8th and is open to all 9-12th graders.
Upcoming College Visits:
If you are interested in attending one of these informational sessions, you need to see Ms. Blasucci for a pass. After receiving a pass, you must obtain your teacher’s permission and signature.
No passes will be given to students the da;y of the college visit.Monday. Sept 18 @ 1:00 - West Virginia UTuesday, Sept 19th @ 1:00 - Drexel UWednesday, Sept 20th @ 1:00 - Lebanon Valley College, PASAFETY FIRST!
Please do not open the doors for anyone whether you know the person or not. All visitors must report to the new entrance for the main office to sign in. Please direct the person to the front doors where they will be opened. All students who arrive to school after 8am must also use the Main Entrance and sign in at the office.
CONCORD CARES is supporting Prevent Child Abuse Delaware for the 16-17 school year
Tie-dye t-shirts are on sale for $15. See Ms. Gray or Jill Lindenhofen to purchase a shirt . Concord Cares is a school-wide initiative.
Attention juniors and seniors: Don’t forget the check out the variety of scholarship opportunities available in guidance.
Classroom disruptions cause lost learning time. In order to minimize classroom disruptions, we ask you to follow these procedures:
- Are you having something dropped off for you? Items will be left in the main office for you. Please stop by in between classes to get the item. We will not disrupt your class.
- Are you feeling sick??? Do you need to go home? Please do not call home for a ride. Please go to the nurse. She will call your parent/guardian and make arrangements for you to be picked up. This prevents us from disrupting your class.
- Early Dismissal – Please bring a note from your parent or guardian to the main office and we will write up a pass for you. Your parent/guardian does not need to sign you out. You will do this in the morning. Please ask someone in the main office if you need help with this. We will not disrupt your class when it is time for you to leave.
- Students are not allowed to order lunch for delivery at school. Additionally, if you forget your lunch please do not ask your parent/guardian to bring you McDonald’s, Wendy’s, pizza, etc. If you do have fast food delivered by a restaurant or your parent/guardian, it will be held for you in the main office until the end of the day.