Our Building

A view from above
  • Welcome to Lombardy!  We are located at 412 Foulk Road in Wilmington, Delaware.


The Fantastic Custodial Staff - Keeping our school neat and clean!

Mr. Mark Velez

Phone:

Email:

Degrees and Certifications:

Mr. Mark Velez

Mr. Velez keeps our school clean as the Chief Custodian.

Mr. Wendell Moore

Phone:

Email:

Degrees and Certifications:

Mr. Wendell Moore

Mr. Moore keeps our school clean as the lead night custodian.

Mr. Eric Hill

Phone:

Email:

Degrees and Certifications:

Mr. Eric Hill

Mr. Hill keeps our school clean as one of our custodians.

Ms. Delores Price

Phone:

Email:

Degrees and Certifications:

Ms. Delores Price

Ms. Price is one of our hard-working custodians.

The History of Our School

  • Located in beautiful suburban North Wilmington, Lombardy Elementary School was built in the early 1950's. Lombardy was named after the Gunning Bedford home, which is located nearby. Gunning Bedford, who was very influential to the development of the Constitution and to America as we know it, was the first Aorney General of Delaware, and very involved in his community. In his later years Gunning Bedofrd spent his later years in judicial pursuits, in aiding Wilmington Academy, in fostering abolitionism, and in enjoying his Lombardy Hall farm.

    The area around Lombardy School was once known as the Lombardy area.  Gunning Bedford named his home and buildings around his estate "Lombardy" because of the rows and rows of Lombardy Poplar trees that lined the driveway.

    Lombardy Elementary was designed by many citizens, professional staff, school board members and architect. The process took the committee more than two years to plan and design the school building.

    Lombardy Elementary School was dedicated on Sunday, September 13, 1959.  Edison W. Blevins was the first principal of Lombardy.