Forwood Science Fair (Science Fair Date T.B.D.)What is a Science Fair?A Science Fair is an event where you and other Forwood students display your science projects. A good way to develop a science fair project is to design an experiment to find an answer to a question that interests you. Other ways are to demonstrate a scientific idea, present research (things you have learned about a certain topic) or display a collection.All science/STEAM projects follow the NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards)
Science Fair Packet : Click to download the entire Science Fair Packet (pdf format) with instructions, resources and Participation Form.
Science Fair Resources: Click the page on the left to view links to resources.
Science Fair Timeline: Please note these important dates
· Select a topic/question and return the form stating your intent to do participate in the science fair (form attached to this packet)
· Once you submit your topic and it is approved, get started on your project as soon as possible.
· Return form with specifics of project and display requirements
(This form will be sent out to students returning the first form.)
· Complete your experiment by this date, prepare your display.
All displays must have a title card which includes your name, grade and room number. The card should also include your topic and/or question.
· Students and parents bring Science Fair project to school in the morning the day before the fair.
· Projects will be displayed during the day and evening.
· Participant assembly in the afternoon.
· Families may attend the fair in the evening from 6:30 to 8:00 pm