Elementary School Dress Code
The Brandywine School District Elementary Schools have the following Code of Dress for students:
- Solid color shirts with collars and sleeves (short or long-sleeved) and turtleneck shirts are permitted. Students should not wear sleeveless, tank tops, or shirts with messages, characters, or pictures.
- Students should dress appropriately for the weather. During cold weather, it is suggested that students have a sweatshirt or sweater. They are to be solid colors or have the school logo. Sweaters and sweatshirts with hoods are permitted but the hood may not be worn over the head inside the building.
- Black, khaki, and navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, dresses, and jumpers are permitted. Shorts, skirts, etc. must be finger-tip length. Students will not be permitted to wear denim except on designated days determined by the principal.
- Clothes must fit appropriately so as not to expose undergarments. Belts must be worn at the waist.
- Due to safety concerns, shoes must be tied, buckled, or Velcro-fastened. Clogs, flip-flops, mules, Crocs, and other backless shoes are not permitted. Sneakers must be worn on gym day.
- Hats and head coverings may not be worn inside the building, although exceptions will be made for religious purposes.
Last Modified on July 29, 2009