Brandywine School District Points of PrideThe special achievements and contributions of District schools, staff, and students provide a source of pride to the entire school community and reflect the District’s commitment to excellence in all areas of the organization. The District is honored to recognize the commitment and dedication of individuals and schools that continue to benefit all…especially our students.
Drop-out Rate20102011BSD2.60%2.00%State3.90%3.70%Christina5.60%7.80%Colonial5.20%6.60%Red Clay3.30%3.80%Graduation Rate NCLB20102011BSD87.10%88.40%State86.70%87.50%Christina70.30%74.60%Colonial73.90%79.40%Red Clay88.80%84.10%* Graduation data lags one yearData Source: School ProfilesClick here for a link to the Department of Education's website, which allows you to view our school profiles:
- Brandywine offers the only International Baccalaureate program in Delaware at all three levels
- We offer a self-contained gifted program in grades K-8
- We’re the only district in Delaware to have all three high schools make Newsweek’s list of Top High Schools in the Nation
- More students choice into the Brandywine School District than out by a 3 to 1 ratio
- Brandywine is the only district in the state to offer the rigorous Singapore Math curriculum
- We are the first district in Delaware to construct a LEED-certified green school, the new Hanby Elementary School
- Brandywine's drop-out rate is consistently nearly half the state average and the lowest of our neighboring districts in New Castle County. Similarly, our graduation rate is higher than the both the state average and other New Castle County Districts.
Last Modified on May 30, 2014