THE COUNSELOR'S CORNER
The Lombardy Program Creed:
We believe all our children can succeed and help them to realize this by:
ü Counseling with students individually and in groups to help them understand and appreciate their unique qualities and to grow both personally and socially.
ü Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons such as conflict resolution, career development, and academic skills.
ü Working together with students, parents, and teachers to offer all the best resources for student achievement.
LINKS FOR STUDENTS
- BAM! Body and Mind - Answers kids' questions on health issues, and recommends ways to make their bodies and minds healthier, stronger, and safer.
- It’s My Life – Helpful links that answer questions about crushes, when friends fight, and gossiping/rumors.
- Dealing with Feelings - If you're feeling mad, sad, or angry, this page may help! It talks about hard topics like divorce, eating disorders, even puberty.
- That's Me!: A Guide to Personality - What makes you who you are? Read about personality theories, development, and tests on this site and see if you can figure it out.
- You've Got To Be Kidding - Climb the tree and solve real life problems by choosing the best advice in this game
- Child Inc. - Provides direct services such as shelters, domestic violence treatment programs, and specialized foster care, prevention programs such as parenting classes and assistance, and community advocacy for children and their families.
- Child Mental Health Services - A variety of mental, health and substance abuse treatment services including outpatient, residential and day treatment, crisis intervention, and inpatient hospitalization.
- Delaware Guidance - Full service multidisciplinary mental health service provider including psychiatric, psychological and educational evaluations and assessments; individual therapy, family counseling, group therapy, sexual abuse counseling & family developmental disabilities counseling.
- Rockford Center - Private psychiatric healthcare. Adolescent program emphasizes the family, offers parent support group meetings