Welcome to Art!Mrs. Tabeling: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the BasicsGrades K-4 spent some time in the beginning of the year exploring Line, Shape and Color in various ways. See their amazing work below!
Kindergarten and First Graders have been learning about and reviewing their lines, shapes and patterns. Line and shape are two of the most basic Elements of Art that we can't draw and paint without.
We viewed an experiment involving the mixing of oil and water in a cup. We stirred it, shook it up, but in the end, they always separated again: oil on the top and water on the bottom. This explained why, when we painted watercolor paint atop our oil pastel lines, the paint bubbled off of the lines, keeping them shining bright.
5 Art Apps and Sites for Kids
1. The Google Art Project: Powered by Google, take a virtual walk through the halls of famous museums across the world, view artwork with high-definition quality, and share the artwork with friends or classmates for conversation. http://www.googleartproject.com/
2. AB EX NY is the app for The Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan (MoMA) that allows you to explore contemporary and modern art, listen to audio descriptions, watch videos from the exhibit curators, and share the works on social media outlets. http://www.moma.org/explore/mobile/abexnyapp
3. Art2Go is an app that lets you listen to short award-winning stories about masterpieces of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art, while you explore high-resolution photos of the paintings on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Available through itunes and app stores
4. PixPop™ Art is a game-based app that takes some of history’s greatest works of art and makes it into a game of matching, jigsaw puzzles, hidden objects and other visually engaging games. Available through itunes and app stores.
5. ArtRage for ipad is an intuitive painting and drawing app that makes it easy to produce natural looking artwork on your i-Pad without the mess of paint. Available through itunes and app stores.
Last Modified on August 24, 2015