The DE Division of Public Health has provided school districts with guidelines around the coronavirus. Although there are no confirmed cases in BSD or the state of Delaware, we want to be proactive in sharing this helpful information with our families and the greater BSD community.
The best precautions to take are the ones we always recommend for avoiding colds and flu:
- stay home if you are sick
- cover nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing
- wash hands frequently with soap and water
- avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth
- avoid others who are sick
Staff can also assist by regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces in classrooms, offices, restrooms, and hallways.
Anyone with concerns should contact their healthcare provider or visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/index.html.